Mission: To enhance the vitality of Gwinnett's central business district by strengthening the area's role as the center of economic and employment activity.
Vision: Gwinnett Place is the model for an internationally diverse, livable urban community.
What we want to accomplish . . .
- Sustain the district as a place in which businesses flourish through coordinated planning and shared responsibility.
- Ensure the district remains Gwinnett’s most desirable business location through investments in the infrastructure and development of an enhanced transportation network.
- Provide an area that is competitive, secure, and attractive to businesses.
Ways we will accomplish our mission . . .
- Improve traffic flow - Improve traffic flow throughout the district by upgrading the Pleasant Hill Road Bridge and area intersections, introducing traffic signal optimization and promoting transportation alternatives.
- Promote pedestrian access - Promote pedestrian access to/from residential, business, and shopping venues by enhancing and improving the network of sidewalks to include bike trails, enhanced walkways, pedestrian refuge islands and pedestrian streetscapes.
- Create a distinctive Gwinnett Place community - Create a common “community look” and a more human scaled sense of belonging through streetscaping that enhances the pedestrian friendly street design concept to include signage elements; creation of pocket parks, public plazas, benches, and green fields; and a consistent landscaping design.
- Provide attractive streetscape design - Plan and implement attractive streetscape design standards and projects emphasizing the landscaped pedestrian options.
- Provide for human-scaled projects - Provide for human-scaled projects and pedestrian-scaled signage. Implement a more effective way finding system.
- Increase the desirability of property redevelopment - Through public investments, innovative ordinances and the creation of Tax Allocation Districts (TAD) and Opportunity Zones (OZ) increase the desirability of property redevelopment.
- Provide for inter-parcel access - Improve inter-parcel access and circulation options.
- Coordinated safety and security - CID-funded safety and security patrols that identify challenges and implement solutions.
To view this mission statement in Korean, please click here.
To view this mission statement in Chinese, please click here.
To view this mission statement in Vietnamese, please click here.